What marijuana/cannabis businesses can you start in Oklahoma?
Under the new regulations, enacted as of June 27, 2018, Oklahoma is now open for medical marijuana businesses.
The regulations of this measure has provisions for:
- Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
- Medical Marijuana Cultivators
- Medical Marijuana Processors
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) will oversee the program and have released the application information and requirements. Applications (form linked here) will be accepted starting no later than August 25 for an undetermined time.
Applicants must be at least 25 years old, reside in Oklahoma, and must be registered to conduct business in the state as well as meet other licensing requirements. Entities can have ownership consisting of no more than 25% ownership by non-Oklahoma residents.
The license application fee for growers, processors, and dispensaries will be $2,500.
While transportation licenses will be issued, they’ll only go to retail, cultivation or processing licensees — no exceptions.
What can I do right now?
- Read through the regulations and application requirements.
- Setup your Marijuana Business Corporate Structure since you need to be registered to conduct business in the state for licensing approval.
- If you’ll need investors or partners, put together a Business Plan, as they’ll definitely ask to see one.
- Put together your Complete Licensing Package and submit it to the state for approval.
- Contact a cannabis consultant like Sapling
How To Open a Medical Marijuana Dispensary in Oklahoma
The state allows medical marijuana business owners to open a medical marijuana dispensary in Oklahoma.
Setup your Marijuana Business Corporate Structure.
Create your Marijuana Dispensary Business Plan.
Acquire the necessary licenses to operate your dispensary and be completely legal and compliant.
Install the operational infrastructure to be in accordance with all regulations and then open your doors for business.
Contract with cultivators and/or processors to grow and process marijuana products for you, if you don’t want to do it yourself.
How To Grow/Cultivate Medical Marijuana Legally in Oklahoma
Same as Dispensary steps, the only difference is that you will be contracting with dispensaries and processors to grow marijuana for them.
How To Start a Medical Marijuana Processing Business In Oklahoma
Same as Dispensary steps, the only difference is that you will be contracting with dispensaries to provide your products to customers as well as contract with cultivators to grow marijuana for you.